Saturday, March 23, 2013

My tried and tested beauty products

I used to say before during my dalaga days how low maintenance I was when it comes to beauty regimens. I would even joke kahit sabon panlaba o dishwashing soap ang ipanligo ko, ok lang. But when you hit 30, it's something you no longer joke about. Fine lines and dark spots may appear. Also, the stress from work and juggling home-making could take a toll on your skin. It may not be so visible now, but in a decade or few years it will be very apparent.

Still, being the low maintenance girl that I am, you could say that I have the simplest beauty regimen and I have a short list of products which I use on me. These are those I have been loyal to since my late teens to early twenties, when I became more conscious of my skin.

For my body:

  1. Bath soap - I use Palmolive Protect & Moisture with shea butter. I just love it's scent (sort of powdery). 
  2. Lotion - Marks & Spencer's Floral Collection: Magnolia. Again I'm a sucker for light scents (well it of course smells like the Magnolia flower - teka naka amoy na ba ko ng Magnolia flower?) I like that it moisturizes but is not greasy.
  3. Body butter - Palmers Cocoa Butter is for my growing preggy belly. Well with R, I never had stretch marks. But it may also be hereditary cause my mom said she never did get any stretch marks.
For my face: 


  1. Pond's White Beauty facial wash
  2. Pond's White Beauty toner
  3. Ponds White age-defense cream



I'm stuck to the usual cleanse, tone and moisturize routine and have been loyal to Pond's eversince. First, I like it's packaging (it's in pink!). Next it's tagline "pinkish white glow" is what draws me. Please note I'm proud of my morena skin, it's just that sadyang mas maitim ung mukha ko kesa sa body ko, gusto ko lang medyo magpantay. Lastly, since bata pa ko, Pond's na yan. I was always curious with my mom's little jar of Ponds cream in her dresser.

Daily make-up:

  1. Face powder - I use Cover Girl's Trublend minerals face powder (No.4). Swak na swak to sa color ng face ko. And because it's in mineral powder, it's very light and feels just like your skin.
  2. Eyebrow pencil - I have the most non-existent eye-brows. For me, any cheap brown eye-brow pencil will do. I like Nichido cause it's not too hard and already comes with a brush.
  3. Body Shop lip and cheek tint - I use this just to put some hint of blush and color on my face and lips.
  4. Body Shop Strawberry lip balm - I love strawberry scents.

For events/evening make up I just add these:

  1. Revlon Grow Luscious mascara - It really volumizes my super thin lashes.
  2. Almay Intense I-color shimmer kit - It's a great neutral palette that helps you contour your lids to create deep set or smokey eyes and highlight at the right places.
So there you have it, my simple list of beauty products that make me presentable everyday. But I still believe that the best beauty secret is to have a positive attitude and always carry a smile. It all just really comes from within.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...