Friday, March 8, 2013

Being Thankful Makes Worries Disappear

These past few months have been trying for me. Apart from being in a big and stressful project at work, it's mainly because Papa's cancer is back. He's been in and out of the hospital since his surgery in February. Which is not only draining us financially and physically, but I have to admit sometimes spiritually.

All my life I could say my faith's been shaken quite a few times. But in the end it just comes out triumphant because God really saves me and answers my prayers. It may be right away, may be in a different form, or may be at a later time. No matter what He does answer me.

Nevertheless, there are just days na naco-corrupt talaga utak ko at pinanghihinaan ako ng loob. Good thing one day while driving to work, instead of sulking in self-pity and worry, I tried to divert to happy thoughts. And what better to think of than blessings. So here's a list of my biggest blessings to date:
  1. I'm alive and physically healthy - I'm still breathing, maganda parin ako (chos!), I'm able and capable.
  2. My husband - Upto now hindi talaga ko makapaniwala na I married my biggest crush, who turns out to be a God-fearing man and in-love parin sakin hanggang ngayon despite my shortcomings and my sometimes out of this world temper. He holds my hand through the trials and provides all types of support for me and my children.
  3. My children - Hindi rin ako makapaniwala na nakapagluwal ako ng isang magandang bata (well ok gwapo kasi asawa ko) and that I have a baby boy coming. After a hard day's work, R just greets me with the biggest smile, wettest kiss and warmest hug. I also crack up with the silliest things she blurts out. Also, through his little nudges and kicks, my baby boy also makes me grateful and look forward to being a new parent again. 
  4. My parents are still here and together - Despite the trial we are facing now with Papa's health, I still can't help but be thankful that they're still here with me and were able to witness significant milestones in my life. Also 32 years of marriage is an amazing feat which is something to be proud of.
  5. Siblings and relatives - I'm thankful for my only brother who is always there whenever I need something (whether a ride, having car troubles or someone to talk to). It's also a blessing to have in-laws who are not only supportive, but show they really care as well. And to top it off, we have relatives all over the world who are generous in their prayers and support for our family in our time of need.
  6. Friends - The ones who really stood the test of time. Gradeschool, highschool, college friends; friends from work; and friends from the community. I won't mention names but you know who you are.
  7. House - Our joyful abode, where we share priceless moments together, a home which we could say is proudly ours. 
  8. Cars - Our battle tanks, which safely takes us to wherever we want to go, and brings us to wonderful places where we could create memories.
  9. Work - Still thankful to be here in my first (and will it be the last?) job. A job that has tested my patience and sanity, yet filled my cup to the brim. It has taken me to places around the world I've never been. It also helped me build my asset portfolio and continuously provide for me and my family. Also the flexible hours and understanding co-workers help a working mom like me make time for my family.
  10. Moments/Milestones/Memories - The countless memories that fill our albums/hard drives with thousands of photos and etched in our hearts forever. 
Just thinking about that list above melts the worries and cares away.
Image taken from the web




1 comment:

  1. We love you Lani... You are blessed because you are a truly loving and caring person. Im not saying this because you are my cousin but because you are also God's gift to me. We are always praying for you and your family. We are all in this together. I love you, cousin :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...