Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Patron St. Therese of the Child Jesus

 "I feel that my mission is about to begin, my mission to make God loved as I love Him, to teach souls my little way. It is a way of spiritual childhood, the way of trust and absolute surrender." - St. Therese of the Child Jesus

One of my biggest dreams to finally see the relic of my favorite saint has come true. And it came at a time I really need it the most.

From the hospital, last Thursday, sumaglit kami ni Daddy A sa Sta. Maria de la Strada Parish to see the relic of St. Therese of the Child Jesus. We learned about the 3rd visit of the relics of St. Therese to the Philippines via Daddy A's bestfriend and R's ninong T. We met him there in the afternoon.

I was teary-eyed and awed as I approached her relic.






Like I said in my previous posts, andami kong answered prayers through her intercession. I came to know about this miraculous saint and wonder worker when I was in elementary. My grade school teacher shared to us everything about her and how you'll come to know that your prayers are answered. The sign is a rose. You'll just see a rose or roses in any form, in any place. One story that she had is she even saw a single rose placed on top of a shelf of books in National Bookstore.

I myself experienced her signs too, and talagang kikilabutan ka when you see them. You'll just know right then and there that your prayer was answered by God. Just a few examples of my biggest answered prayers:

  1. Pass the board exams
  2. Si Daddy A - opo pinag novena ko siya hihi
  3. Papa's healing in 2009
  4. R's survival when I gave birth to her in 2010 (I'll write how her life was in danger in my delivery day post)

When I read her life story through the book "A Story of a Soul", what I immediately liked most about her is that you don't have to be some hero or perform some big task to be a saint. This is what her "little way" calls us to do. Just do God's work out of your love for Him and offer our daily tasks/chores. In God's eyes, even our "nothingness" means a lot to Him as long as we give Him our best every day.

Pwede pala talagang maging santo ang kahit kanino sa atin. Even if you're a simple househelp, a driver, an engineer, a CPA, at kahit ano ka pa man, just by doing your duties out of sheer love for our God and offering your sufferings for the sake of others, you can be a saint.

So let me share to you the prayers to St. Therese so you yourselves can experience what I did.

Novena Rose Prayer


24 Glory Be Novena, in thanksgiving for the 24 years of her earthly life

 
 And if you could also squeeze in a petition for the complete healing of my father, it would be very much appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...