Thursday, October 17, 2013

Working weekend, talo pa USTe, oh please be good to me birthday

Missed me? Sorry if I haven't posted about a stress-free/pasyal mode weekend with the family, it's because I'm like this:

Image from here

Yep I'm drowning in office work since last Friday. I have over a hundred page report and still halfway through last Saturday. It broke my heart that I wasn't able to play all day with my children, specially R who would shut my laptop lid whenever she'd come near me. She's really not used to seeing me work at home. If I bring home work, I usually do it when they're asleep. But this weekend, I had no choice really.

Tapos syempre late na 'tong post na 'to. By now everyone knows La Salle won. But that Saturday, despite the busy working day, siningit ko ang panunuod ng finals in our living room with my brother. I guess in every household there really is that friendly rivalry especially if each of you comes from a different Alma Mater. My dad and almost all his brothers were from La Salle, my cousins and specially my brother all came from the same school as well. Me, my mom and hubby of course are from UST, as well as hubby's siblings and mom.

Sabi ko pa kay bro C, sino matalo bili ng pizza. Eh nagugutom na ko, sabi ko "order na tayo, bayaran mo na." Bro C said "ayoko nga hindi pa naman tapos ung laban, ikaw nagugutom, ako kaya ko pa magtiis." At hindi ko na talaga natiis I ordered pizza, which seemed like a bad omen pala, natalo nga ang USTe! Hay, after all the bashing, chants and hiyawan namin ni bro, in the end ganito rin kami like the Teng brothers and enjoyed our pizza:

Image from here

After pulling and all-nighter, we got to have our family day in Trinoma after mass. Didn't shop that much, lumalakas na ang will power ko yey! We just basically enjoyed the day with the kids at Timezone and ate at Burger King for meryenda. Daddy A just bought me some tank tops and a blouse at Landmark for my coming birthday. R naman is at this stage na she would ask for "something", like a cheap pasalubong (like food) when you come home from work or buy something before going home (like stickers, or some cheap item like cute clips or panties etc.). Sinanay kasi ni Lola P and Wowa C niya na laging may pasalubong pagdating galing Divisoria (tsk tsk!). So before going home, we bought her a hanky. Masaya na siya dun. I just have to explain we can only buy her stuff if she's been good or doing well in some area (e.g. toilet training). And nothing above Php50!

Anyway, as of press time, I've submitted the draft report na binu-buno ko. I also had a wonderful birthday celebration with my family. Will tell you more in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...