Thursday, October 24, 2013

Expired driver's license and a bruised princess

Yesterday, I took some time-off to renew my driver's license. I've been driving for a week with an expired license pala, eh may mga daredevil/barubal moves pa naman ako sa EDSA. Oops.

I headed for the nearest satellite office in Ayala MRT station. All in all, without the drug testing na, it took me 2 hours. Yep still that long. The backlog is when they get to take your picture. There's only one station kasi. Better sana if they put in two. Anyway, they're very accomodating naman and polite there.

Basically there are just four steps to renew:
1) Go to window 1, surrender your old license, fill up the form
2) Medical (weight, height, eye check up)
3) Picture taking and digital signature
4) Pay the fee (License fee - Php350 + Computer fee Php67.63 + medical Php100, if you're late in renewing, penalty fee of Php100)
Viola, you get your card right then and there.

Before heading back to the office, I grabbed a quick bite at KFC for lunch, and stopped by Uncle Sam (like The Dollar store) and bought some pasalubong for R (a tiara and a princess activity set at Php66 each). Buti pala I got these kasi I did not know R figured in an accident at home.

When I got home, she was crying and showed me her bruised chin and a tear inside her lower lip. Nasalubsob pala siya. Hay she still has no yaya kasi (her yaya left unexpectedly - I don't want to dwell on it further grrr!). JD's yaya had her hands full and couldn't keep up with R's kakulitan. What I don't like lang is she didn't call me right away when my mom had to leave afterlunch and that she was left alone to take care of the two kids. She didn't even call me when R had an accident. I could have told her how to apply first aid. Anyway, good thing I'm far from the praning/panicky mom I was before. I just cleansed R's wound with Cetaphil and applied Betadine. For her inside lower lip, I dabbed Bactidol and made her gurgle salt and water solution. Note to self: give yaya a refresher on first aid this weekend. I also have to update the emergency numbers posted on the kid's bedroom wall and put it beside the phone.

After giving R some tender loving care (TLC), I gave her the pasalubongs (I was saving these sana for some occasion or as a reward, but mom's intuition, I guess, called for this care package).

I was surprised, just after turning three years old, she could write her name legibly =). You'll also see in the pic above that she can color within the lines/shapes (walang lagpas). Proud mom moment.

God please continue to cover my children with your mantle of protection. Spare them from accidents, illnesses and any sort of harm/danger specially when I'm not near them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...