Friday, October 4, 2013

My typical 24 hours

Here's a peek into what my typical day and night looks like:
4:30-5:30am : JD's first morning feed. I try to squeeze in a pump as well on the other breast. I usually blog around this time, pero most of the time weekends na.

5:30-6:30am: Prepare for work, which includes preparing my pumping gear, cooler, my clothes, banyo rituals, and squeeze in a few kisses and cuddles with these cutie pies:



6:30-7:30/8am: Drive to the office. I say my morning prayers, I put on my makeup, and manage to eat a sandwich, all because of the horrendous traffic.



8:00-8:20am: First pump. Check emails and to dos. I also eat my cup of oatmeal or a bagel. Here is my workstation a.k.a. battlefield. You could see my pumping paraphernalia to the right. Baka sabihin nyo area ng tamad ung cubicle ko dahil ang linis and walang files. I just strictly comply with our clear desk policy given the confidential nature of our work. And I really can't work well with clutter.



8:20-10am: Work mode

10:00-10:20am: Second pump pero multi-tasking parin with work. I have a double electric pump and my hands-free bra. Take note my area is hidden and I have a breastfeeding cover. Check out my pumping gear in this post.

10:20-11:20am: Work mode

11:20-12:15nn: Lunch then afterwards brush my teeth and clean my pump.

12:15-12:35pm: Third pump and surfing the net.

12:35-2:00pm: Work mode.

2:00-2:20pm: Fourth pump and I squeeze in a snack and work parin.

2:20-4:00pm: Work mode

4:00-4:20pm: Last pump while working parin.

4:20-5:00pm: Work and prepare to leave the office.

5:00-6/6:30/7pm: Drive back home. Ugh hello again horrendous traffic! Unpredictable talaga, it doesn't matter if I leave at 5pm, I still don't get home at the same time. I even experienced pumping in the car because of the terrible traffic (I know bad driver).



6:30-8:30pm: Breastfeed JD, catch up with R on how her day was, then dinner. If hindi overtime si Daddy A, complete ang family for dinner and we get some family cuddle and playtime as well.

9:00-10pm: Put the kids to bed. I do get to fall asleep as well. Daddy A and I get to catch up on our day's happenings.

10:00pm-2am: Uninterrupted sleep (fingers crossed). Sometimes JD wakes up 12mn for a short feed. If not 2 to 3am na.

2:00-5am: JD feeds, I try to squeeze in a pump as well to make up for lost pumping time during the day.I also do some work (if meron) and blogging time as well but it's usually early morning na. Sometimes I don't get to fall back asleep narin, derecho na until JD's next feed and preparation ko for work.



So that's my typical 24/7. Somedays aren't perfect and most of the time I don't get to strictly follow that schedule. Adjust adjust lang.

Every morning I just pray to God to make me work efficiently and to bless the traffic so I'll have more time with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...