Sunday, September 29, 2013

Murphy's law

Have you ever had those days which you think starts out great, then suddenly everything goes kaput?! Well last Thursday lang naman I had my own share of Murphy's law. According to Wikipedia it's an adage that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong".

I thought everything will be ok, since I was able to leave the house early to avoid driving through terrible EDSA traffic. My car had an appointment pa naman at 8am sa casa for its regular check-up and service. Ayun, hindi pa ko nakakalayo I heard this rumbling na parang lata (ung rim na pala un). Dapa ang gulong ko! Homaygad, I don't know how to fix a flat tire, yan ung sana natutunan ko kay Papa. Good thing I was still within the vicinity of our village so I called up my mom and bro. To the rescue si bro C kahit puyat.

Mahirap pala talaga magpalit ng gulong. Sana nga napicturan ko or navideo ko para meron akong "How-to-guide". Pero mukang hindi ko talaga kakayanin mag-isa next time (God forbid). Those nuts and bolts sa rim are so hard to pry with a wrench. Ung jack kaya ko pa siguro ikutin, pero ung mga screw sa gulong, kung di sobrang masikip, baka maluwag ko namang maikabit mas lalo pa ko madisgrasya. Sabi sakin ni bro, kung mangyari sakin uli un at talagang malayo siya, ang gawin ko daw ay pumara nalang ako ng "mukang mabait" na taxi or jeepney driver para sila ang magpalit ng gulong at abutan ko nalang ng isang daan. Pero parang takot din ako dun. Note to self: Learn how to fix a flat tire during the weekend.

To continue with my day, I was able to go through with my car's appointment naman in the casa, un nga lang shelling out moola - unlike! Tapos instead of going home with a spic and span car, ayun it drizzled and the car had some alikabok from the ongoing construction/renovations in the casa.

Sa office naman Stress Drilon! Dalawang project lang naman ung hawak ko and the other one really absorbed all my energy dahil sa isang dokumentong dumating (tadadadan)! Not to dwell on it further because of confidentiality, but it just sucks out everything from me, actually from the whole team that's involved in it.

Sigh, just one of them days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...