Saturday, July 13, 2013

April - May 2013 Round Up

How time flies! Three months of undocumented happenings in my life, simply cannot be. I made a vow to maintain this blog not only for the sheer pleasure of writing but to share with you and especially to my loved ones my ups and downs as well as to have something to read when I'm old and gray.

So to catch up, I'll be making a round-up of the past three months' escapades. For this post, I shall start where I left off, after the painful passing of Papa. Still in the grieving process (I'll write more about that in a separate post), but life has to go on.

APRIL 2013

April 26 – OB Check-up. Told Dra. about our recent ordeal. She performed an IE and requested for an ultrasound just to check if the baby's ok with all the stress I went through. Good thing everything was fine. However, I only weighed 103.5lbs. She also prescribed Isoxilan for preterm contractions. She also ordered the regular 3rd trim tests: FBS, CBC and Hemoglobin. Was so disappointed, baby wouldn’t show his face for the 3D/4D. Too bad, I guess it will just be a surprise.

April 27 – Day out with the badafs (R's ninangs) at Trinoma. We had lunch at Tokyo Tokyo, then some milk tea at Japanese Milk Tea. R enjoyed the rides with her ninangs. We went to UST after for photo ops (sort of maternity shoot).

April 28 – Lunch with Papa’s side of the family at Sumo Sam, Trinoma. R got to ride the carousel again. Mass in the afternoon with brother C, Mama and R. The gospel reading struck us, “I will be leaving you soon, but this message I leave you, love one another”. Also cried when I heard the communion song “Without seeing you”. Dinner at Tita Annie Lou’s house. R had so much fun specially with the rocking horse and puzzles, she even mentioned to Mama “Masaya ako dito lola”.

April 30 – We had R’s initial assessment at a preschool nearby. At first she was participative but after 20 minutes she wanted to play in the playground. After Tito D and Tito E (Papa's brothers) left the house, started sleeping at Mama/Papa’s house to ease the pain. R suddenly approached Mama and said “Lola, heaven na lolo”.

MAY 2013
 
May 4 – SM Cubao/Alimall with Tita C, Mama, R and Daddy A. R got to ride the carousel, but I almost fainted, good thing I was able to get a sugar rush from milk tea. Afterwards, R got to enjoy the arcade then we had snacks at the food court.

May 5 – Daddy A accompanied me for my FBS, CBC and Hemoglobin tests

May 9 – R’s check-up, bro C accompanied us. R cried for a bit after the Hepa A shot but was ok after she was given a lollipop by the pedia.

May 10 – OB Check-up. Weighed 104.5lbs. FBS, HBA1 were normal, but I was anemic. Dra. said Iron supplements should be twice a day. Baby was fine. Dra. suggested an ultrasound at 36/37 weeks if I still wanted to proceed with vaginal birth after CS (VBAC). Had R's ID pictures taken and continued R’s assessment at her preschool. Teacher Kaye explained R's assessment. I'll write a separate post on the results of her assessment and how to choose the right preschool for your kids and how to determine if they're ready for school.

May 11 – SM Cubao with Daddy A and R. Bought nursing pads, maternity pads, nipple cream, spouts for R (cause she bites the Avent nipples), towels for JD and non-toxic make-up kit for R. We had meryenda at Pizza Hut.

May 12 - Mothers Day at Trinoma after mass. Ate at Banana Leaf. R rode the carousel again and had a number of games at Timezone.

May 14 – Went back to work. Staff surprised me and Ms. M with a cake each for mothers’ day.

May 18 – Trinoma. Bought magic sing chip, light bulbs, had meryenda at BK (R loved the sundae with fries, she kept saying “mmm sarap”), Timezone for R she also saw the Lactacyd babies mascot. Bought car fresheners, shopped for nursing bras, tanks and tubes, Daddy A bought perfume again at Penshoppe.

May 19 – Sunday Mass. After lunch, we went to Manila Memorial Park to purchase Papa's lapida.

May 21 – Had a nice dream. We were all in the US, Papa was there alive. We were all happy. Maybe it’s his way of saying no matter where you go we will always be together.

May 24 – Lola’s 1st death anniversary. Went to Loyola to visit. Then dinner at Lola's house. R and her cousins had fun, specially when my cousin B brought out the bouncy castle and slide.

May 26 – Sunday Mass. After lunch, we accompanied Mama to Kamay Kainan and Tramway to check if we could make reservations for Papa's 40th. Afterwards, got into an accident on the way to Rocco’s (son of my former co-worker and friend) baptismal celebration at Racks, Paseo de Magallanes. Saw my other friends Jaja, Angie and their families.

May 27 – OB Check up. Weighed 109.5lbs. Dra performed an IE, cervix still closed. We talked about VBAC. She made me go for an ultrasound of the lower uterine segment and also to the APEC for my birthing plan. Based on my ultrasound, the uterus lining around the scar was still thick (I'll think about it). Baby’s BPS was 8/8 and estimated to weigh 3033 kg. Got my 2nd dose of anti-Tetanus shot. Packed the hospital bag (more about this in another post).

May 30 – Celebrated Mama’s birthday

May 31 - Papa's 40th. Mass at Divine Mercy and dinner at Tramway. It was just kind of sad, we were at a place where we shared a lot of precious moments and now we are here but for a different occasion. However, we felt how much loved Papa is because we were able to fill the 120 capacity function room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...