Saturday, November 22, 2014

Passing on my childhood toys to my kids

We started the Saturday with splashing in the wading pool in our garage. JD did not want to leave his happy place. Unlike his first swim encounter, now he truly is a water baby.

While the kids were enjoying the water, I cleaned up my old room in Mama's house and unearthed these treasures.

My old tea set (too bad a lot of pieces are already missing). This was a present from Mama when she had a short vacation with my Tita Linda in HongKong.

My favorite toy, my prize when I graduated at the top of my Prep batch (circa 1988) - an authentic Licca Chan dollhouse.

It will be 30 years old soon! Takara Co. is now known as Tomy.

R loved it! She was so grateful.

Also handed over my vintage Barbies (the only ones left).
Dream Date Barbie

Peaches & Cream Barbie

Had I known I would have a daughter, I should've kept them all. But I guess it will be more treasured when you only keep a few.

Like these two most precious dolls of mine.

The pink Fisher Price Rattle doll I've had since I was a baby. The Cabbage Patch baby doll was a present from my Papa when he travelled to the US with my lola. I was around 7 seven then. Oh how I cried when we brought him to the airport.  And when he came back and fetched me at school, happy tears flowed through my face. 

Ah the memories these toys bring.

R please take good care of these toys, love them like I did. Hope they would last for more decades so that you would be able to pass them on as well to your future kids.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I should've kept my toys to pass on to my daughter. My mom gave away all our toys to relatives in the province. I also had that peaches and cream barbie, sayang! Good for you, that's really a nice keepsake memories that your daughter can enjoy.

    Well, atleast I can keep my kids' toys so they can pass it to my apos... ahihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Einz. Yup that could be a tradition you could start with your kids naman. =) Nice reading your blog

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...